img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 560 ? 560: true); }

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Little Town Called Brooks

Somewhere along Purple Heart Highway in the mid-coast region of Maine lies a little town with a big heart. Brooks, Maine is small even by small town standards with just over 1,000 residents. I was one of them for a time. I came to Brooks in the fall before my sixteenth birthday and stayed just long enough to see the leaves turn and the first snowfall of the season. It was just long enough to fall in love with the town. It has been 30 years since I lived there and I have not been back, but my heart remains tied to that small town and the dreams I had there. Here then, in photos, is a love poem to a town and a way of life. I wish that I had been a professional photographer back then, so that I could truly capture its heart and make you see the Brooks that I knew. Perhaps one day I can return. Perhaps on some golden eve I will once again walk through town and then, gentle reader, I'll show you something wondrous!















Orange County Photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment